The applicant (s) should fill in an application for research clearance, attaching a CV (Curriculum Vitae Form ), a synopsis or script when forwarding both the applications. The application must be made two months before the commencing date of the research assignment.
Requirements for this permit are:
- A copy of pages of the passport with the detailed information of the passport holder
- Five passport size pictures of the applicant.
- Introduction letter from the institution or university inviting the applicant for research
- C.V and certificate of university or institution attended by the applicant
- A completed application form to be [link]downloaded or provided by immigration office
- Residence permit fee of USD 120 to be paid at Immigration office.
- A completed Research Clearance form to be downloaded or provided by the Tanzania Commission for Science and Technology.(COSTECH )
- Application fee of USD 50 to be paid at COSTECH
- If your application is successful you will be required to pay research fee USD 300 per person at COSTECH.
While researchers and academic book writers should send the application and fee directly to
Tanzania Commission for Science and Technology (COSTECH)
P.O. Box 4302, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Tel: 255-22-700745/6/9, 75311/2
The above research permit applications is separate from entry visa which should be made to the nearest Consulate / Embassy. Resident and Work Permit application should be made to the immigration department in Tanzania before entry to Tanzania
RESEARCH GUIDELINES AND APPLICATION FORMS
- Tanzania Wildlife Research Institute (TAWIRI) Research Guidelines (PDF download)
- Tanzania Wildlife Research Institute (TAWIRI) Application Forms (PDF download)
- Tanzania Commission of Science and Technology (COSTECH website)
- COSTECH application form (PDF download)
- COSTECH Curriculum Vitae form (PDF download)
- National Institute of Medical Research (NIMR website)
Residency Permit Information
- Tanzania Conservation Resource Centre (CRC) – non-profit crew supporting foreign students and researchers (TCRC Website)
- Residence Permit form (PDF download)